Well it’s been a damn long time since I updated this, but there hasn’t really been any progress until now, so here goes.
So late last week I finally got the engine bay to a point where I was happy to send it away for paint. So I dropped the car off at Custom Ride Body Works, and 24 hours later the car was back on the trailer on its way home, with an amazing new coat of paint. Cannot thank those dudes enough!
So once it was back in the garage, I got to work reinstalling the brake booster and cylinders. While I was there I bent up two new hardlines to the front brakes. I did this because I’ve welded up the original holes in the sheetmetal that the brake lines used to go through. I’m now running them through the holes for the ABS sender so there’s no chance of them getting rubbed through at full lock, so the OEM lines were about 4 inches too short.
I also wanted to hide the line to the passengers side, so I bent up a new one that runs along the crossmember, next to the power steering lines. Once the turbo’s in, and piping’s in you’ll barely be able to see it.
I threw the radiator in, just to see how everything lined up, and how much space there is between the pulleys and the electric fans. Because it’s an S14 radiator, I’ll have to make up some new brackets as the mounting boss is different. It’s leaning against the waterneck here.
With all the rolling gear in and torqued up, I decided it was a good time to throw the steering column in, and finally put my Nardi on the car. I’ve been using it in my daily driver for the past 6 months! Also picked up a Takata harness off a friend of mine. Once all the wiring’s been done, I’ll put the last few plastic panels back on, and it’ll look like a real car again!
And this is my garage at the moment. Painting things hanging off the garage door, and assembling as much as I can with all the parts I have stocked up, while I save some money for my ECU!